1.06.2009

We Gotta Get Out of This Place

Not just a song by The Animals but apparently my son's new mantra as well.

The following all occurred yesterday:

1) I put Wyatt in his "baby cage" so I could use the restroom. When I came back he had pushed one of his toys to the edge of pen and was standing on it attempting to climb out.

2) While I was making dinner, Wyatt was taking a bath in the sink. This generally works really well because he LOVES baths so it keeps him occupied while I get things ready and I am able to keep an eye on him. However, last night he leaned over the side of the tub that sits in the sink and attempted to stand up and get out. I have video of this but I don't know how to put that on here. If you want to see it ask. It is shocking.

3) After his bath, I took him down to the basement and was changing him on our downstairs changing table. The changing table is attached to a pack n play...one of those space saving all in one things we got when we were still living in our 500 sq foot 1 bedroom apartment (SO glad that is over!) He was tossing back and forth and rolling all around as he always does when I am trying to get a diaper on him. All of a sudden he was (still naked) on hands and knees and halfway off the changing table, leaning into the pack 'n play reaching for a toy. I grabbed him by the ankles before he hurtled himself onto his head.

This is why 9-month-olds, who have no sense of DANGER, should be immobile.

No comments: